Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Logo Designs


Andy Warhol's most famous pieces were his commercial work using logo designs. He tackled each logo in different ways. Some stenciled, some screen printed, and some painted by hand. These became some of his more well-know works. Among his most notable were his Campbell's soup cans. He also experimented with Brillo Pad boxes, Corn Flake boxes, and gas station logos.

I decided to attempt my own version of Warhol's logo designs. I chose a logo (the apple computer logo), and I repeated it using a stencil process. Once I finished stenciling, I began adding to it using colored pencil, and marker. Its not my best, but it was an interesting experience. I have also been workong on a few more and will post those pictures as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment